School Closures & Delays
Floresville ISD School Closure Plan
PARENTS AND EMPLOYEES SHOULD ASSUME SCHOOL WILL START AS PLANNED UNLESS THEY RECEIVE NOTICE OTHERWISE. OFFICIAL NOTICE OF SCHOOL CLOSURE OR DELAY WILL BE PROVIDED THROUGH BLACKBOARD CONNECT, REMIND101, KENS 5, WOAI 1200,AND THE FLORESVILLE ISD WEBSITE.
Procedures for Closing School
When there is cause for concern for the safety of children, parents, and staff as regards to opening school
during normal operating hours, the following processes will take place. A decision to operate as usual,
delay the start of school, or cancel classes for the day will be made as close to 5:00 A.M. as possible
considering the conditions that exist at the time.
- Weather conditions will be monitored overnight by the Transportation Director and Assistant
Superintendent of Finance & Operations. Communications will be maintained with DPS and the Wilson County Sheriff’s Office.
- At no later than 3:30 A.M., the Superintendent will be notified of road conditions and the
predicted impact on the operation of the District for the coming day.
- These three individuals will meet at the administration building or confer remotely no later than
4:30 A.M. to form a plan of action and communications.
- The Superintendent will confer with Superintendents from surrounding school districts regarding
possible plans for closure.
- The Superintendent will notify the Superintendent’s Cabinet so the notification process via phone
trees can begin for District employees.
- After monitoring weather conditions, if it is determined that school will be closed or delayed morethan one day, notification procedures will be followed as above.
In the Event of a 2 Hour Delay of the School Day
Procedures will be followed as above and will include the following guidelines:
- Buses will run 2 hours later than on a regular day which will therefore delay pick up times by 2
- School will start 2 hours later than the regularly schedule school start time.
- Breakfast will not be served, but lunch times will remain the same as a regular school day.
- The Superintendent’s Cabinet will meet at 10 A.M. to debrief and update delay procedures.