Floresville Parents and Guardians,
As you know, many colleges and some public schools across the state are extending spring break one week due to the coronavirus (COVID-19). Currently, FISD has no confirmed cases of COVID-19 and is not extending spring break at this time. However, it is important that we are prepared should a closure become necessary.
In the event of a closure, the FISD administration is working to develop opportunities to continue to engage students in learning. We are also committed to taking care of our students socially and emotionally during, what could be, a stressful time. FISD Administration is creating a plan to provide counseling support and food service to students if needed.
The District will continue to communicate with staff and parents in the usual ways, email, text and phone, as well as update the newly created Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage as changes occur. We will consider the most up-to-date information on Friday, March 20th before making a decision about the possibility of canceling school the week of March 23rd.
As you can see, there are many moving and complicated parts associated with a cancellation of this magnitude. We ask for your help and patience as we ensure the health and safety of our students, staff and community. It is an honor to prepare FISD students for a prosperous life, even when they are not at school!
Dr. Sherri Bays
Superintendent of Schools