Floresville Independent School District
The Floresville ISD's Parents on Patrol Squad (POPS) is a volunteer program designed to involve parents in the safety and security of our schools. A goal of the program is to promote inclusion of parents as stakeholders in their children's educational experience.
The POPS program encourages parents, grandparents, relatives, law enforcement, first responders, and military personnel to volunteer their time to assist FISD’s police officers and administration by observing and listening on their respective campus, and reporting potential problems and safety concerns to the respective officer and campus administration. POPS volunteers essentially become the eyes and ears of the school, reinforcing and augmenting campus safety and security initiatives already in place. Additionally, the following qualifications must be met to volunteer:
- Attend an orientation at Central Office that consists of a POPS handbook, Stop the Bleed and Standard Response Protocol training
- Must be a FISD parent, grandparent, guardian, or relative
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Successfully complete the FISD campus volunteer application, criminal background check, and confidentiality statement
Parental involvement will not only raise visibility, but will give program participants the opportunity to observe firsthand what great things are going on in the life of our school community.
Anyone interested in joining the POPS program is encouraged to click here to fill out a volunteer application. For additional information concerning this program or any other safety and security initiative, please email [email protected] or call 830-393-5300.
When: November 10, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
Where: Central Office (Seminar Room)
1200 5th Street, Floresville, TX 78114
* To register for the orientation/training, you must contact Shirley Madole by email at [email protected] or call 830-393-5300 ext. 11401.