Welcome to the Floresville Independent School District (FISD) Volunteer Program. Thank you for your interest in supporting the students, staff, and schools of FISD.
Because the safety of our students and staff is our top priority, beginning December 1, 2022, anyone interested in volunteering at FISD must pass an application process to ensure that our students are interacting with trustworthy adults. This process includes required annual background checks, even for those who have volunteered before, to ensure our staff has up-to-date information on visitors in schools. Volunteering in schools is a great way to become involved in the education process.
How to Get Started
- Complete a campus volunteer application (click here to fill out the form).
- Check your email periodically. Once approved, you will receive an email notification.
- Please contact the FISD Campus of your choosing to learn about the volunteer opportunities that are available. No amount of time you can spare is too small.
The Floresville ISD Volunteer Program offers a myriad of opportunities for parents, businesses, and community organizations to have a direct impact on the success of our students.
Possible Volunteer Opportunities:
- Special classroom events or one-time projects
- Help in the Cafeteria during lunch time
- PTO activities or events
- Large campus events
- Field trip Chaperones
- Contracted Services
- Clerical help or general assistance for teachers and staff
- Library Aide
- And many more!
Please be aware that volunteers may not record video or audio, or take photographs or other still images, without prior permission from the campus principal or other district official.
For more information on the campus volunteer application process or your volunteer application status, please contact Shirley Madole by email at [email protected] or call 830-393-5300 ext. 11401 or contact Michael Schroller by email at [email protected] or call 830-393-5300 ext. 11006.