The summer weeks have flown by and the first day of school is quickly approaching on August 21st. You can rest assured knowing that the FISD staff has been hard at work getting ready for the 2017-18 school year and we are looking forward to a successful year.
I wanted to share with you a message I plan on communicating to our staff next week. I believe it is a message for the old and young alike, and would appreciate it if you would share it with your child before the first day of school. “Be ready, do your best, and have some fun!” If we all approach the upcoming school year with that attitude, it will be a great year at FISD.
There are a few things I’d like to share with you that will help us all get off to a great start.
- Complete returning student online registration before first day of school - Parents of all returning FISD students must complete the online registration for their child https://floresville.schoolofficepro.com/ParentPortal/Pages/login.aspx . The process for returning students only takes a few minutes. The online registration must be completed before your child is assigned a teacher or given a schedule.
- Verify your students bus route and schedule - Starting the week of August 14th, student route information for the 2017-2018 school year will be available, including bus numbers and pick-up/return times. Contact FISD Transportation at 393-5335 or go to the FISD web site http://www.fisd.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=192455&type=d&pREC_ID=776397
- Sign up for Remind to receive information regarding school closings or delays due to inclement weather http://www.fisd.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=192459&type=d&pREC_ID=642258 .
- Campus start and end times are as follows:
- Elementary 7:30 to 2:55
- High School 8:00 to 3:30
- Middle School 8:30 to 4:00
- New student registration for all campuses will be held on August 9th at the FMS Cafeteria, 2601 B Street, from 7am until 7pm. Required documents can be found on the district web page http://www.fisd.us/apps/news/article/728525
- For specific information concerning supply lists, as well as dates for elementary meet the teacher and secondary schedule pick up, please visit your child’s campus web site.
The FISD staff is committed to developing 21st century graduates who are life-long learners that are purposeful, innovative, collaborative and possess character traits that lead to success. We look forward to partnering with you, as we work hard to prepare our students for a prosperous life. Thank you for entrusting us with your child.
Sherri Bays, Ed.D.