Dear FISD Parents and Guardians,
I hope this email finds you enjoying the last few weeks of summer with your children. District and campus leadership have been hard at work planning and organizing to ensure a smooth start to the 2018-19 school year. We look forward to having students back on campuses and working with you to create an engaging environment for all Floresville ISD stakeholders.
As FISD starts the 2018-19 school year, the safety and security of our students and staff continues to be a major focus. In addition to hiring new police officers, which will allow an officer to report to each campus, we are also in the process of installing a new buzzer/camera system on each of our campuses. This system will provide controlled access to schools during the school day by placing an electronic lock on the door at the front entrance. Please be patient and plan accordingly, as this additional layer of security may add a few minutes to your campus visit. New Campus Access Control Procedures for all FISD campus visitors can be found on the FISD Web site.
There are a few things I’d like to share with you that will help us all get off to a great start:
- Complete returning student online registration before the first day of school – the process only takes a few minutes. Parents of all returning FISD students must complete the Online Registration for their child. The online registration must be completed before your child is assigned a teacher or given a schedule. Once registered, the process takes a minimum of four business days for a bus route to be assigned.
- A student must be registered by Tuesday, August 14, 2018, by 5 pm in order to receive transportation services the first day of school, August 20.
- Any student registered prior to Friday, August 10, 2018, by 5 pm will receive a postcard by mail to the students’ physical address. Students’ bus number, pick up and drop off times, and bus stop location will be provided.
- Routing Information will be available on-line on Monday, August 13, 2018 after 2 pm. Once assigned, bus routes and stops should not change, however times may be adjusted based on new student enrollment. Please call 830-393-5335 with any transportation questions. I also encourage you to check the web site for any time adjustments the evening of Sunday, August 19th.
- Sign up for Remind to receive information regarding school closings or delays due to inclement weather.
- For specific information concerning supply lists, as well as dates for elementary meet the teacher and secondary schedule pick up, please visit your child’s campus web site through www.fisd.us .
Throughout this school year, you will hear and see a lot about FISD’s focus on building relationships to encourage engagement. We will share stories with you about students engaging in their learning, employees engaging in providing a safe and caring learner-oriented environment for ALL students and parents and community engaging in the shared responsibility of educating children. I am so excited to begin this year and, with your help, make every student at Floresville ISD Future Ready!
Dr. Sherri Bays
Superintendent of Schools