Student Health Exclusion from School
Some illnesses or conditions require that a student be excluded from school until symptom free. Students with any of the following symptoms must be excluded from school:
1. Temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or above. Temperature must be below
100 degrees for 24 hours without fever reducing medicines for readmission to
2. Undetermined rash over any part of the body.
3. Pain and/or swelling at angle of jaw.
4. Scaly, red, round patches on the body that might indicate ringworm.
5. Nausea and vomiting or diarrhea.
6. Red, draining eyes with pus formation and crust.
7. Intense itching with signs and symptoms of secondary infection.
8. Open draining lesions.
9. Signs of jaundice.
10. Delinquent immunization status.
A student’s parent or guardian will be notified that the student is to be excluded for health
reasons. It shall be the responsibility of the parent or guardian to transport the student
from school to his home. A student shall be readmitted to school when symptoms resolve
and or he/she presents a physician’s statement that he is not contagious.