- Student and parent intervention to help the student succeed at school.
- Consultation with teachers/principals and other faculty to identify goals for student success.
- Coordination of services to meet the needs of students/families.
- Family Resource Center provides clothing, shoes, toiletries, household items, and other household goods as donated and available.
- "FISD Kids Thrift Store" provides low-cost clothing/shoes/other items and any funds acquired are returned to the students through the Special Seeds Activity Fund.
- Back-to-School assistance with supplies and community resources (hyperlink).
- Christmas Outreach Program.
- Parent Involvement and Education.
- Foster Care Liaison services
- Migrant Liaison services
- Homeless student and family services
- Students and/or Families in the Floresville Independent School District.
- No fees
- Will accept Donations for the FISD Special Needs Activity Fund
WAITING TIME BEFORE SERVICES RECEIVED:
- Referrals are handled as they are received and/or prioritized according to need.
- Social Work Office: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and/or as arranged. (During the school year)
- Kids Thrift Store: Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (During the school year)
What does a social worker do?
Resources to help your student