Floresville ISD School Delay/Closure Plan
Should it be necessary to modify FISD's normal operations, notice will be provided directly to parents through the District's normal communication channels including the district website, social media, email and text. Decisions regarding closures or delays involving inclement weather will be made as close to 6:00 a.m, or as quickly as possible depending upon weather conditions.
When there is cause for concern for the safety of children, parents, and staff as regards opening school during normal operating hours, the following processes will take place.
- Weather conditions will be monitored overnight by the Transportation Director and Executive Director. Communications will be maintained with DPS and the Wilson County Sheriff’s Office.
- At no later than 3:30 A.M., the Superintendent will be notified of road conditions and the predicted impact on the operation of the District for the coming day.
- These three individuals will meet at the administration building or confer remotely no later than 4:30 A.M. to form a plan of action and communications.
- The Superintendent will confer with superintendents from surrounding school districts regarding possible plans for closure.
- The Superintendent will notify the Superintendent’s Cabinet so the notification process can begin for District employees.
In the Event of a 2 Hour Delay of the School Day
The procedures above will be followed and will include the following guidelines:
- Buses will run 2 hours later than on a regular day which will therefore delay pick-up times by 2 hours.
- School will start 2 hours later than the regularly scheduled school start time.
- Breakfast will not be served, but lunchtimes will remain the same as a regular school day.
The Superintendent’s Cabinet will meet at 10 A.M. to debrief and update delay procedures.